[На английском] Affiliate Millions: Make a Fortune using Search Marketing on Google and Beyond

Тема в разделе "Материалы по SEO", создана пользователем morfey2005, 1 дек 2008.

Статус темы:
  1. morfey2005

30 янв 2008
    Affiliate Millions: Make a Fortune using Search Marketing on Google and Beyond
    By Anthony Borelli, Greg Holden

Publisher: Wiley
    Number Of Pages: 253
    Publication Date: 2007-04-13
    ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0470100346
    ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780470100349
    Binding: Hardcover

Product Description:

Affiliate Millions

For more than a decade, the Internet has allowed people to make substantial amounts of money on both a full-time and part-time basis. Today, with even more online opportunities available than ever before, you can achieve a level of financial success that most people only dream about-and in Affiliate Millions, author Anthony Borelli will show you how.

With the help of coauthor Greg Holden, Borelli will show you how to make thousands, and eventually tens of thousands, of dollars each month through the process of paid search marketing and affiliate advertising. Along the way, they'll also share the secrets to mastering this often-overlooked strategy and provide you with the tools and techniques needed to maximize your potential returns.

Since making one million dollars through paid search marketing and affiliate advertising in his first full year of operations, Anthony Borelli has never looked back. Now, he wants to help you do the same. Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, Affiliate Millions will introduce you to this profitable endeavor and show you how to make it work for you.

Summary: Very Informative, and an Easy Read!
    Rating: 5

This book is great for those just starting out, it's an easy read and full of information!

I will say that this book isn't for individuals already in the affiliate marketing business. However, everyone that is just starting out or interested in getting into this business MUST read this. It's very detailed in what steps to take, and Anthony Borelli offers GREAT assistance and guidance with his experience!

I'm a full time student looking to make some extra money, by no means was I looking to make a ton of money, but after reading this I see that it's VERY possible! This book was GREAT and has helped me SO much!

Summary: Technique but no cookie
    Rating: 1

As someone who has spent over a decade on the Internet, I understand the fundamentals of the building of a tool or the utilization of a tool that can be used to generate money online. If you understand this too, then skip this one.

This book is for the complete novice. BUT if that novice buys it, they will regret it because they will spend hours and hours toiling to get to an expert level of understanding on how to build and utilize a system such as this and then be faced with the same outcome I was.

There is absolutely no recommendation for products and services that do well in this environment. All of the check copies posted in the book were dated from 2005 which most folks know was the hay-day of the search marketplace and literally was the first year in existence for the pay-per-click marketplace. Today's marketplace, especially in the affiliate realm, is extremely more competitive largely because of books like this. There was no effort expended in addressing this competitive pressure and the resulting gap reduction between affiliate commission and PPC bids.

At the end of the day, folks, there are no easy millions. You must be ahead of a trend like Mr. Borelli, to exploit such an opportunity. Once the rest of the world has caught up, the only thing you can hope to do is ... you guessed it ... sell a book to teach others how to do it.

Summary: Basic tools for the online gold rush
    Rating: 4

My experience was similar to that of "gordo the lordo." Plenty of clicks but just a few orders. Getting clicks isn't hard. What kind of clicks? That's the $1,000,000 question.

As a search engine advertiser, your task is to capture the clicks of consumers who have made a buying decision or are very close. These clicks will make money for you. The clicks of people who are "just browsing" will cost you money. You have to be a student of online search behavior.

You capture money-making clicks by finding highly relevant keywords and writing focused ads. How hard can it be? Get your ads up and running, tweak them, and watch the money roll in. You only need basic English skills and common sense. A degree in advertising or English is not going to help.

I would encourage anyone to try it because you may discover that you have the knack. By spending $500 or so, you should be able to get an idea how well you might do. Don't make the mistake I made, which was to let my ads capture several hundred clicks without getting any orders. I kept thinking "the orders will kick in." They didn't. Stop your ads after 200-300 clicks and wait for results. (Even 50 clicks are too many with retail sites.) You can either tweak the ad (if it's close to break-even) or abandon it and try something else. Tweaking wouldn't have helped my ads, which earned pennies for every dollar spent on clicks.

You are playing the keyword market on Google. Some keywords sell for $20 per click and more. Search engine advertisers don't get caught up in keyword "bubbles." They are only after potent "value" keywords that sell for 25 cents or less.

The keyword market is like a gold rush. Everywhere you look the ground is torn up by hordes of stampeding prospectors. You wander far and wide hoping to find a stone that hasn't been turned. How many thousands of other guys are out there trying the same thing? Good luck.

You never know. You might have the knack. Affiliate Millions gives you everything you need to know to get started. When I joined my first affiliate program and set up my first ads, I had the book open and followed it not step-by-step but word-for-word. It's just the kind of "excruciating" detail a beginner needs.

Mr. Borelli explains how to evaluate the earnings potential of an affiliate program. The profit, or course, depends on your revenue per click. An adgroup for $20 books may not be the way to go.

Should you actually make money, there is a chapter on campaign finance. You have to manage your cash flow to optimize performance. If another book on online advertising has this kind of chapter, I haven't seen it.

Mr. Borelli has set up the Affiliate Millions website for "prospectors." The only item listed for sale is the book. There is a free monthly newsletter. There are no ads. Mr. Borelli answers questions on the site's discussion board. If you are at all familiar with the "get rich online" racket you know how exceptional this is. Such sites are usually crammed with ads and have little useful information.

Mr. Borelli's advice is a bit sketchy and vague. He has developed a magic formula for writing ads that attract buyers while somehow discouraging clicks of the merely curious. He's not about to share his ad-writing insights. His only comment is "Content is King." OK.

Evidently, if Mr. Borelli were to provide even broad hints, everyone would catch on and put him out of business. You get all the sizzle but no steak. On his website, Mr. Borelli offers to critique ads sent to him by acolytes. Take him up on the offer. Maybe you too will discover those hypnotic buzzwords that make the difference between zero and hero.

Mr. Borelli makes no promises that prospectors will get rich. He merely suggests that it is possible. He ends the opening chapter with "Take it step-by-step and read the chapters that follow, and you'll stand a good chance of becoming an Affiliate Millionaire yourself." If he starts the book by saying your chances are practically nil, no one will continue reading.

Like "gordo," I'm amazed that anyone could make millions at this. A million dollars in a year is $2,700 a day. You would have to consider yourself pretty successful with $2,700 a day in SALES, never mind commissions. You would have to strike it rich with multiple million-dollar campaigns. You would have to come up with new ones all the time.

Think of the millions in revenue Mr. Borelli is generating for the companies he advertises for. They should throw a party for him.

Summary: Didn't work for me
    Rating: 1

I tried the principles in this book. I set up some ads for a variety of products and different companies through Commission Junction and was, at first, delighted that I was getting a good amount of clicks. I was confident the ads were good enough because of some experience I've had in the past writing copy.

However, after over 250 clicks to major websites that boasted a large earnings per click, I got one sale and a large $ loss. The ads were good enough to catch the people's attention, but no one was buying.

I think this is a tough way to go at it. A website might be the better way to go. I am amazed that anyone could make any money doing this, never mind millions.

Summary: Direct and Immediately Useful
    Rating: 4

I was seeking a detailed, practical and thorough "how-to" approach to build internet-based revenue. This book filled the bill. It covered all key facets of the approach - particularly helpful for a layperson - as well as for someone with web-based experience (as am I). I have yet to test the specific recommendations. The book was solid.
    bububu нравится это.
Статус темы: