[На английском] Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions

Тема в разделе "Материалы по SEO", создана пользователем morfey2005, 7 авг 2008.

Статус темы:
  1. morfey2005

30 янв 2008

Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
    By Tim Ash

Publisher: Sybex
    Number Of Pages: 384
    Publication Date: 2008-01-29
    ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0470174625
    ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780470174623
    Binding: Paperback

Product Description:

How much money are you losing because of poor landing page design? In this comprehensive, step-by-step guide, you’ll learn all the skills necessary to dramatically improve your bottom line, including identifying mission critical parts of your website and their true economic value, defining important visitor classes and key conversion tasks, gaining insight on customer decision-making, uncovering problems with your page and deciding which elements to test, developing an action plan, and avoiding common pitfalls. Includes a companion website and a detailed review of the Google Website Optimizer tool.

Summary: The Most Comprehensive, Actionable Book On Landing Page Optimization
    Rating: 5

I just finished reading Tim's book and want to let you all know that this is by far the best book I have ever read on landing page optimization. I now have 18 pages of notes and ideas to apply to my work as a result. No combination of blog posts, speakers or articles can provide this kind of comprehensive, actionable knowledge.

I work in the search marketing / analytics field in a digital-centric agency setting and will be recommending this book to everyone I work with. This is a must read for any person or company involved in digital media, analytics, usability, web design or any other online field.

Summary: Learn Landing Page Optimization from an Jedi

Landing page optimization (LPO) is NOT as simple as changing a web page's images, text, or font color and font size to create what you THINK others will like. There are many more pieces to the puzzle, which Tim Ash covers very well.

I firmly believe that this book is a great read for anybody who plays a part in the design and layout of any web page that asks a visitor to do something (i.e. buy, sign up, download, etc.). You'll definitely learn how you can make your mission critical landing pages convert better.

Even the old salty pros out there can learn a thing or two from LPO Jedi, Tim Ash.

Eric Itzkowitz
    [...] Phone Cards

p.s. We've already put into place some of the learnings derived from this book. We can't wait to see the results!

Summary: It's no longer just about clicks...
    Rating: 4

I often find that mastering the art and science of conversion optimization is one of the key areas that separates outstanding marketers from the also-rans. Tim's book is an essential resource to help people start to develop that mastery.

Summary: Praxis Oriented and Hands-On, No Blah Blah

The book was written by Tim Ash of SiteTuners.com, a web analytics and site optimization service who does landing page optimization among other things for his living.

It is a real-world and practical guide to landing page testing and optimization without any fluff. It is really for the folks who do the testing and the ones who have to sell it to their boss and need to know about the details of the process of landing page testing, what is involved, what are the risks and how it should be approached and why.

It is very useful and complimentary to the "Landing Page Handbook" by MarketingSherpa, the $500 "bible" for folks who do serious landing page optimization for their business.

They also overlap in a few areas. This means that it is also a good buy for people who are not doing enough business that involves using landing pages to justify and recoup the $500 investment in the MarketingSherpa book. It's not exactly an alternative, but it is a start that cost a lot less.

If you are doing serious business with landing pages, I recommend getting both books. The return (increase in conversion = increase in business and profits) you will get out from it will pay for the initial investment quickly and then over and over again for the time to come.

Summary: A great source yet very uneven book
    Rating: 3

This book may be the best thing since sliced bread for you, or can be practically useless. It has an extensive focus on Joe web surfer's persona, on why and how he behaves on the web. It also explains basic concepts such as A-B split testing, ROI, and gives a few examples from author's consulting background. There's a few mathematical formulas, which I am sure are excellent for marketing folks.

But what completely lacks from this book is THE WHAT and THE HOW. The "Uncovering Problems" section is surprisingly small and has no real value. It is explainable - the later part of the book is nothing but a marketing promo of author's consulting business. This costs author 1 star in my review.

The second star I remove because this book is completely useless for small to medium business. If you are a company with under $20 million in revenue - which is where 99% of websites belong - this book is not going to help you much.

Password: giftfromfatherxmas

JanLuc, Grand_spb и Alex нравится это.
Статус темы: