heavy bots that sign up

Irma

Создатель
Реакции
Does anyone else have bot visits that add email addresses to the newsletter? I had to deactivate the subscription to the newsletter. According to ip, it comes from france and identifies it with magento.

Does anyone else have bot visits that add email addresses to the newsletter? I had to deactivate the subscription to the newsletter. According to ip, it comes from france and identifies it with magento.
You can try to change the button near subscription form from <a href="..."> to <button>.
Usually bots are dumb enough to skip buttons.

Or you can try to block that ip in your hosting panel :)

Thank you! I'll try to change the code and see how it behaves, I'll tell you later!

You can try to change the button near subscription form from <a href="..."> to <button>.
Usually bots are dumb enough to skip buttons.

Or you can try to block that ip in your hosting panel :)
This is the code of button now.
<input class="btn btn-primary float-xs-right hidden-xi-down" name="submitNewsletter" type="submit" value="{l s='Subscribe' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}">
I do not know how to change it exactly.

Thank you! I'll try to change the code and see how it behaves, I'll tell you later!
You are welcome :)
Hit here if you want to thank, because moderators here are very strict for "thanks" messages:
1180f8fb36.jpg

And welcome to our forum :)
The code change should do the trick. I had the problem when bots were adding hundreds of products to cart due the <a href="...">Add to cart</a> button. Once I've changed it to <button> problem was solved.
<-------------- добавлено через 56033 сек. -------------->
This is the code of button now.
<input class="btn btn-primary float-xs-right hidden-xi-down" name="submitNewsletter" type="submit" value="{l s='Subscribe' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}">
I do not know how to change it exactly.
There might be a little workaround. You can make the form to submit by javascript, like this:
Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся
Though i didn't try this one yet so I can't proof it's working.

Назад
Сверху