English Magento Help section

You have to move the js loading in your desired order into the blocks where you want to load them, e.g. jquery and prototype in head, and other scripts in the footer using
<actionmethod="addJs">
<script>js/custom-script.js</script>
</action>
There are many tutorials on the web on how to do it exactly.

Really glad about this thread! I'm currently moving from Virtuemart 2.6.2 to Magento 1.9 and I need to figure out the best and cheapest way to move my database (products and customers information and past purchase history)

Really glad about this thread! I'm currently moving from Virtuemart 2.6.2 to Magento 1.9 and I need to figure out the best and cheapest way to move my database (products and customers information and past purchase history)
Take a look at Magmi. Products and categories can be imported easily. Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся can also help to import customers information and past purchase history.

Magmi is the way to go if you have programming knowledge. But I think there is an extension which can migrate your database, this would be even easier

You do not need an extension for a simple task like this. You can defer JS easily in your local.xml or layout xml files of your modules and you have total control over the order in which the scripts are loaded.

Guys the fact is all Defer JS and Compressor extensions are only effective when you have a well-written and well-designed theme.

A theme that is based and designed according to all Magento standards and has predicted the future changes for blocks and other extensions to be installed on the site and extend the capabilities, unfortunately that is very hard to find and you usually end up doing a lot of customization by hand and manually.

You don't need a Deffer JS extension. Instead you can change the configuration files and make the unnecessary JavaScript files load at the end of the DOM.

These config files are usually in the .xml files and in some cases in .phtml files. Check them to find out. Start with local.xml.

And for the compression there are a lot of external tools to minify the CSS and JS files. Google them. You can also use Magento's built-in tools located in the Developer settings.

Always use Apache's compression methods (The same goes for Nginx and Litespeed), Для просмотра ссылки Войди или Зарегистрируйся

Назад
Сверху