English Magento Help section

Is there a way, to set product status or visibility active for a scheduled day or interval? Somebody could share this module?

Elasticsearch® v4.1.2 is more simplier one if compare with Mirasvit Sphinx Search Ultimate. But in small/mid shops on magento frontend you will see almost same functionality/result. Simply Mirasvit Sphinx Search Ultimate contains many options and functionality which you will be not use in such level magento stores. In case you get bigger one magento store you will see difference - sphinxsearch engine feel better with large data size indexing for example.If your magento is complex install with many products variations and blog/other functional extended with multiple additional extensions - Mirasvit Sphinx Search Ultimate will be the leader also, since it already done with such things in mind, so you will not need to recode anything, or in the opposite create custom additional code at minimum level for it, since many that additions already supported/coded in it.

So in total, for start/small/mid simple magento i will choose Elasticsearch - due to price and full basis functionality.
For complex magento - choose
Mirasvit
Sphinx Search Ultimate even from the early developing cycle.

That's from my point of view. Tnx

My advise is to use cloud based search rather than a dedicated module, as it can get quite slow.

Guys, who knows efficient way to replace core re-indexing system? So it doesn't overload DB. thanks

use miravist fast asychronous re-indexing. I have been using it for a bit now and it is heaven sent. My site almost got shut down for overloading and took the burden off by cron
thanks. will try. but any free extensions or custom code?

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Guys, who knows efficient way to replace core re-indexing system? So it doesn't overload DB. thanks
use miravist fast asychronous re-indexing. I have been using it for a bit now and it is heaven sent. My site almost got shut down for overloading and took the burden off by cron

thanks. will try. but any free extensions or custom code?
Not that I know of. Check for the miravist extension on here, I got it from. If you are unable to find it, let me know. I have the file for it.

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Hi Xena, can you please share the link to find the extension? I can't seem to find it on here.
Were you able to find it AlexPop? Thanks

My advise is to use cloud based search rather than a dedicated module, as it can get quite slow.

Guys I changed my mind regarding the search. I now use Seach Autocomplete from the Plugin Company and the search is absolutely flying. No subscription plan, just 45 Euro and you get the fastest search possible.

Назад
Сверху