[На английском] Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Genera

Тема в разделе "Материалы по SEO", создана пользователем morfey2005, 21 янв 2010.

Статус темы:
  1. morfey2005

30 янв 2008
    Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation
    By Damian Ryan, Calvin Jones

•Publisher: Kogan Page
    •Number Of Pages: 304
    •Publication Date: 2009-02-28
    •ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0749453893
    •ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780749453893

Product Description:

The world of digital media is changing at a phenomenal pace. Constantly evolving technologies, and their evolving uses, are transforming how we access information and how we interact and communicate with one another on a global scale.

Understanding Digital Marketing looks at the world of digital marketing: how it got started, how it got to where it is today, and where the thought leaders in the industry believe it is headed in the future. The book shows readers, in a practical and comprehensive way, how to harness the power of digital media and use it to achieve the utmost success for their businesses. It explains how to choose online marketing channels in order to get products and services to market. It explores in detail such areas as search marketing, affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, creative online executions, and digital marketing strategies.

Including real-world examples of digital marketing successes and expert opinions, Understanding Digital Marketing will give readers the tools to utilize the power of the internet to take their businesses wherever they want them to go.

Summary: Chris Beaumont
    Rating: 5

If in this digital era you wish to keep your library small, then this book is one to get! In a world characterized by ever increasing (nature of) change and new choices then two words stand out in the title "Understanding" and "Engaging" ; simply to say but difficult to deliver on.
    Ryan and Jones provide new insights on the evolving landscape that is `digital marketing'; they do so in a way that is itself understanding and engaging without recourse to glib superficiality and give me the `what is' platform, so that I might better envision `what can be'!

Summary: Very good strategic thinking. I recommend as a good read.

This book is very well written. I like what the authors have done to preface each chapter with what they term "Our Chapter Pledge to You." This gives the reader a very good understanding of what they will learn in that particular chapter.

The authors do a good job of explaining the history of digital marketing, and cover very important topics that any business owner can relate to. I.E. - Strategic thinking, Website Intelligence, return on investment, Social media, email marketing, and fostering an online image, etc.

This book is concise, practical, and very easy to implement into your business now. I recommend this book.

Summary: This is a go-to book for how to use the internet for marketing

It amazes me that this book has not been written before! This is a fantastic reference piece that brings together all the bits and pieces we learned about using the internet as a marketing tool over the past 15 years - explaining mechanics, busting myths - into one place and providing a 'how-to' guide to doing it well. Damian and Calvin deserve a medal; every business that has ever struggled to understand how to use the internet to grow their business should buy this book immediately.

Статус темы: