[На английском] book - eBoot Camp: Proven Internet Marketing Techniques to Grow Your Business

Тема в разделе "Материалы по SEO", создана пользователем morfey2005, 17 ноя 2009.

Статус темы:
Закрыта.
  1. morfey2005

morfey2005

Регистр.:
    30 янв 2008
    Симпатии:
    eBoot Camp: Proven Internet Marketing Techniques to Grow Your Business
    By Corey Perlman

•Publisher: Wiley
    •Number Of Pages: 208
    •Publication Date: 2009-01-20
    •ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0470411597
    •ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780470411599

Product Description:

In this Web 2.0 era, small business owners are at a severe disadvantage because they have minimal, if any, knowledge, about Internet marketing. They also lack the budget to hire a top-notch web marketer. As a result, the thrust of their Internet marketing program is usually a poorly performing website that attracts few visitors. e Boot Camp is the solution to the entrepreneur's Internet marketing problem. This do-it-yourself book provides the know-how that's needed to win business in cyberspace while eliminating the need for a large marketing budget. In just an hour or two a week, the small business owner will gain control of his or her Internet marketing campaign, using the step-by-step method Perlman presents. Specifically, readers will learn the keys to improving their search-engine ranking (the critical driver of traffic to a Website), how to create and manage blogs and e-newsletters and, finally, the secrets to a successful, sales-driven website.

Summary: Excellent Internet Marketing How-To
    Rating: 5

As an entrepreneur, internet marketing was one of the areas that brought me the most frustration. I knew there were so many opportunities to be had but I had no idea how to navigate my way through the online landscape. "eBoot Camp" is an easy to read, effective introduction to internet marketing that made what was previously confusing, very clear and easy to actualize. I especially love the "walkthrough" exercises at the end of each chapter. Within a few weeks of implementing Corey's strategies I had 4 potential clients contact me after finding me on the internet. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to grow their business.

Summary: Made me lose the fear of marketing

I have just finished reading this book. And I must say I love it. Other reviews have already given a chapter list of this book, so I will not do that. I will instead write here what I loved MOST about this book.

I am a jewelry designer and maker. And I have just made the transition from a hobby level involvement to a "real" business. I have always been very afraid of "selling" and "marketing". Felt that "I" and "marketing" came from different star systems. So I always stayed away from it, and it was a good excuse to hide behind the "hobby level involvement". But finally I decide to take the leap into real business. I read someone's blog post about this book, and liked it, but was still skeptical because it is "marketing", and "I can't do it!! It is scary!! It is NOT fun!! I don't want to do it!!". But I bought the book, and boy! Am I happy I bought it!!

It is written in a very easy to read, fun way. I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually think all that he has described about "marketing" sounds like a lot of FUN! And I don't need to change my character from "introvert" to suddenly "extrovert" in order to follow what he describes. I can do it just the way I am. I am actually looking forward to doing it all! My husband is making my website, and now he is reading the book, so that we can incorporate all that Corey has suggested. It is all easy to do...like finding keywords, writing descriptions, writing articles, finding innovative ways to hurl your url, writing keyword rich content, how important the page title of each page of your site is, about having your links in different sites, a primer on social networking, the importance of press releases and how exactly to do them (I was clueless about press releases), primer on blogs, how to make sure you are around the top of google search etc. The way he has written it all, it does not sound scary to me. It not only sounds re-assuring, it sounds like FUN!!

Also, not only does he tell you what to do in each chapter, he also gives a great resource list in each chapter, so you will know how and where to do what is suggested in the chapter! For example, press releases. He doesn't just say why they are important, and what to write etc...he also tells you where and how you can do it for free (online). Many of his resources are free, so if you are just stepping into marketing and are unsure about it all, you don't even need to spend money, you can use the free resources he has listed.

For it to sound non-scary, creative, and fun is very important for people like me. Many of my friends who are artists (jewelry, painting, singing or other media) are very much like me. The thought of marketing makes them recoil into a shell. I am recommending this book to all of them.

Another thing I liked about the author is, when I emailed him with a question, he was quick to reply back. My question was about meta tags keywords. He has written a chapter about how important meta tags keywords is to search engines including Google. But I know that Google does not look at meta tags keywords anymore. So when I emailed him about it, he explained to me that its true Google does not, but many other search engines still do, and that it is a good place to list commonly misspelled words (you wouldn't want them on your main content). However, I hope in his later book revisions, he would let people know that Google does not use meta tags keywords.

A wonderful book, and I highly recommend it.

[...]

Summary: Great book, packed full of great information and resources

In the past when trying to get my small business marketed on the internet I spent some big bucks to advertising companies that did little to nothing to help my web presence. This book does a great job in explaining how search engines work in a non technical way. After completing just a couple of the techniques in this book my web presence is better than it ever was with any of the advertising companies I worked with.

I can't say enough good things about this book. This is a must have for any small business owner looking for a web presence.

Summary: No frills

This book gets straight to the points and gives you actionable information you can run with immediately. Very resourceful.

Summary: easy effective read

easy, quick read yet detailed enough to re-read and implement instructions. Also contains links to other good resources

http://ifile.it/nrvjxsh/0470411597.rar

Статус темы:
Закрыта.