[На английском] book - Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click?

Тема в разделе "Материалы по SEO", создана пользователем morfey2005, 16 ноя 2009.

Статус темы:
Закрыта.
  1. morfey2005

morfey2005

Регистр.:
    30 янв 2008
    Симпатии:
    Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click? (Voices That Matter)
    By Susan M. Weinschenk

Publisher: New Riders Press
    Number Of Pages: 168
    Publication Date: 2009-01-02
    ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0321603605
    ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780321603609

Product Description:

“While you’re reading Neuro Web Design, you’ll probably find yourself thinking ‘I already knew that…’ a lot. But when you’re finished, you’ll discover that your ability to create effective web sites has mysteriously improved. A brilliant idea for a book, and very nicely done.”
    — Steve Krug, author of Don’t Make Me Think!
    A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability

Why do people decide to buy a product online? Register at your Web site? Trust the information you provide? Neuro Web Design applies the research on motivation, decision making, and neuroscience to the design of Web sites. You will learn the unconscious reasons for people’s actions, how emotions affect decisions, and how to apply the principles of persuasion to design Web sites that encourage users to click.

Neuro Web Design employs “neuro-marketing” concepts, which are at the intersection of psychology and user experience. It’s scientific, yet you’ll find it accessible, easy to read, and easy to understand. By applying the concepts and examples in this book, you’ll be able to dramatically increase the effectiveness and conversion rates of your own Web site.

Summary: A good book for web designers
    Rating: 4

Personally, I'd rate this book around a 3 or 3.5 just because I've been doing my own research on persuasion for a year or so now. I've read a lot of books on techniques and little things that persuade people to take certain actions. This book is basically a summary on all these different kinds of techniques.

A lot of the things I already knew or had learned in another book, but it was nice to have the author pertain it to web design and design principles. For someone who is just a designer or web focused copy writer looking to dig into this persuasion world, this is a nice place to start. It gives a good overview of all the different aspects of persuasion design, like getting people to click a certain button or feel a certain way when designing a web page.

Some of these things designers may know instintivly, but it's good to have those instincts re-inforced by someone else. At only 16 bucks I would recommend a purchase unless you're really already deep into neuro-design or persuasion techniques.

If you're sort of new to the field like me, you'll enjoy the insight the author gives, though it is a quick read. I think there are only around 200 pages total, if that. She doesn't delve too deep into the topics either. I would have liked to have seen some more case studies perhaps and more detail on some of her research. Possible for a second book she could go more in depth, as it is now it's a great read, albeit a little short.

Summary: Psychological Take on Web Design
    Rating: 5

I'm generally a slow reader, taking my time to finish a book, but Susan Weinschenk's Neuro Web Design was such an interesting read that I finished it as soon as I could.

I've read books with different perspectives on webdesign, from the artist, to the usability engineer, to the manager. Neuro Web Design offers a different, and very convincing view of web design-- the psychologist's.

The main thesis of Neuro Web Design is that all people, as discovered by extensive research throughout the years, are "hard-wired" to behave certain ways. This is because out brain has evolved to have survival instincts, feel emotions, and process information. Given that our brain responds positively and negatively on certain stimuli, the book posits that there are key triggers to elicit positive responses from people. (Am I sounding like Sigmund Freud already?)

Serious web designers and internet marketing guys should definitely take a look at this Neuro Web Design. It explains some of the web usability tenets I've encountered and recommends practical use of psychology to web design.

Summary: Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click?

"Susan is spot on with this book - she captures the true essence of "what make someone click" through concrete examples and solid research studies. Amazing, relevant and a must read!

Summary: Excellent book for all website designers and content maintainers
    Rating: 4

This book was informative and an easy read. The concepts are presented in an accessible way and reinforced by examples and scientific study. A very valuable resource. I think most experienced web designers will be surprised by what they are NOT doing and entertained by the science behind the conventions they have been using successfully.

Summary: Must-have book for web designers

Very interesting and easy to read, this book and Krug's Don't make me think are two books that every web designer should have.

Here Susan Weinschenk tell us how the latest research on neuroscience explains our behaviour when we are sitting in front of a screen surfing the web.

A must have book for anyone interested in Web Design.

http://rapidshare.com/files/273040616/Neuro_Web_Design_-_what_makes_them_click.pdf

Sinelnikov, Croner и gr33n нравится это.
  2. morfey2005

morfey2005

Регистр.:
    30 янв 2008
    Симпатии:
    Сегодня закончил чтение книги, рекомендую всем к прочтению - есть интересные моменты.
    На основе полученных заний проведу тесты, часть результатов могу отписать в этой теме. Интересует кого?

3. Sinelnikov

Sinelnikov

Регистр.:
    13 окт 2009
    Симпатии:
    Да ОЧЕНЬ интересует .

Статус темы:
Закрыта.