[На английском] The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing

Тема в разделе "Материалы по SEO", создана пользователем morfey2005, 6 ноя 2009.

Статус темы:
  1. morfey2005

30 янв 2008
    The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing
    By Heather F. Lutze

Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
    Number Of Pages: 288
    Publication Date: 2009-03-09
    ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0470420901
    ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780470420904

Product Description:

To be successful in business you must be able to attract the right clients and persuade them to buy. However, on the internet, people only see what the search engines direct them to and the competition for those top spots is fierce. So how do you ensure that your business is front-and-center when prospects are searching for solutions? The answer is The Findability Formula. The Findability Formula is for anyone who wants to improve results from Internet marketing. The book is specifically written for business owners who are frustrated with a website that is not showing up in search results and not generating business. The Findability Formula will help readers understand how prospects and customers search for products and services on the Internet, and will show them, step-by-step, how to optimize their findability. The book will be a non-technical guide to effectively building and implementing, from the ground up, an Internet search marketing program that gets results. The reader will learn how paid search works, and how paid and organic search can work together to create optimum web visibility and reduce paid search costs over time. The basic message of the book is that there is a formula for findability and for converting prospects to purchasers.

Readers' Benefits from The Findability Formula:
    * A complete step-by-step approach to search engine marketing applicable to any product or service, The Findability Formula will include easy-to-follow instruction from chapter to chapter as well as launch checklists in the appendix.
    * The most up-to-date search research and statistics available, including uncommon ways to connect with your online buyer.
    * Shows the reader how to avoid common search marketing mistakes that cost big money. How to not be bullied and take control of in-house e-commerce department strategies and SEM agencies.
    * A small company can compete successfully in search with larger, well-established competitors. How to work smarter to get even better search engine "findability".
    * Maximizes the reader's investment. The reader won't waste money by needlessly paying for "clicks" from customers who have no intention of buying. The investment in this book will be repaid thousands of times over.
    * Saves time, money and energy in creating in-house search marketing programs and properly tracking results by keyword. Negates the need to hire outside SEM agencies

Summary: Could be briefer
    Rating: 4

While this book seems to get the basic points line up in a way that readers can easily digest them, it also wastes some of your time with basics that anyone interested in internet marketing must already know. A better book I would recommend (that also teaches you how to build a website in fewer pages) is called "Your Best Website." I used it to build my site,[...]about social anxiety and I knew nothing about SEO or building sites when I read it.

Summary: How to Get Your Website Found
    Rating: 4

Getting your business, website, or product found by customers in today's Internet age is now almost entirely dictated by search engines, and those are dominated by Google. Lutze has put together what she called the findability formula. //Findability Formula// provides instruction on how search engines work, how search engine marketing works, and how to take advantage of both. While you need some knowledge of how computers and your website operate, Lutze gives easy-to-follow instruction, plenty of examples, and tips and tools to successfully market your product, whatever it might be. There are plenty of online tools that Lutze includes, with a summary of each at the end of each chapter. An efficient, easy-to-read book that is well organized and well worth the time and effort it will take to read it, and include into your online marketing campaign.

Summary: Great Book for the Search Engine Marketing "Newbie"
    Rating: 5

This is a great book for anyone just getting started with Search Engine Marketing as the author gives a great overview of the steps needed to set up pay per click campaigns.

Advanced users might find it a bit basic, but that's not who this book is designed for. This book is designed for the small business owner who knows Search Engine Marketing is an important web traffic driver for his/her business, needs to get up to speed fast, and wants someone to explain it sequentially.

The author does a great job in setting up Search Engine Marketing step-by-step in an easy to follow way that should be very helpful to anyone who has never run a marketing team and needs to learn to do this themselves.

There are more advanced books out there for those who need to delve into the nitty-gritty, but if you are just getting started, and are a non-technical person who wants easy to follow instructions, then this book is a must read.

Summary: Good place to start good results.

I will keep this short and simple. I am a web developer ( stuffdone.com ) but not an SEO expert. I thought I would start to learn more.

I bought the book.
    I followed the instructions.
    I now have THREE different sites on page one of Yahoo ( without paying them their $299 fee! )
    and one on page one of Google. All within two weeks of reading the book.

It works !
    The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing

Summary: A must read for small business owners.

The Findability Formula has enabled our business, Preppy Pet Suites, to grow at 20% per month! Heather makes the complicated world of ecommerence easy to understand and easier to implement. Using the book's formula keeps us ranked high on Google and Yahoo. I can sincerely say that our new business would not be as successful without Heather's help.

2. Corparativ

Corparativ Создатель

26 ноя 2007
    Кто-нибудь уже прочел? Как оно? Много полезной информации или очередной бассеин?
  3. JanLuc

JanLuc Постоялец

9 апр 2010
    Morfey, ссылка нерабочая (no such file)
    Перезалейте, пожалуйста
Статус темы: